Last week, I posted about my new green drink. Has anyone been drinking chlorophyll? Do you love it? I obviously love to test new products but I also know that what I put in my body helps my skin more than any cream I can slap on. Remember my post on beauty is skin deep? Literally. Well, I am back with another edition. Let me introduce you to my friend Christine: mom-friend, fellow blogger, vitamix lover and wrinkle hater. She writes a blog called Christine is Cooking and told me about a local company she is working with that delivers organic fruits and veggies to your door. It’s called Space Girl Organics. She asked me if I wanted to try it for a week. It was like a box of goodness for my skin. Here is what it included:
- 1 pint of Cherry Tomatoes (A powerhouse of antioxidants including beta carotene that converts into Vitamin A. It also is high C and Vitamin E)
- Bunch of Broccoli (High in antioxidants including Vitamin C and Vitamin E)
- Bunch of Rainbow Carrots (High in beta carotene)
- 1/2 Pint of Blueberries (Rich in Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C. Read here why fiber is indirectly related to skincare!)
- 3 Oranges (Vitamin C)
- 3 Pink Lady Apples (Fiber and Vitamin C)
- Pint of Mini Peppers (Vitamin A, B6, C and K)
- Stalk of Celery (Vitamin A, C, and E)
- Head of Lettuce (High in fiber, Vitamin E and Iron)
- 10 Bunch of Fennel (Can help inflammatory or skin conditions. Read more about fennel and skincare here)
I made homemade salsa with the tomatoes and peppers, I made a salad using the lettuce and apples, I used the blueberries, oranges and carrots for my smoothies, and my kids ate ants on a log with the celery, and I steamed up the broccoli one night for dinner. The only food I didn’t use was the fennel. I don’t much about fennel or how to cook with fennel. I’ll have to reach out to Christine for that one. Overall, I loved the box and it motivated me to eat clean all week. If you are in the Viera/Rockledge/Melbourne area, learn more about Space Girl Organics here. If you are in a dinner rut, check out Christine’s food blog here and if you own a Vitamix or love to blend things, check out my I Love My Vitamix page on Facebook.
Where do you get your local fruits and veggies? Also, let me know, do you like to see this kind of blog on our blog or stick to blush?
PSA: I’m Ivory not Dr. Ivory so check with your doctor or dermatologist if you have any questions.