Olive and I went over to our local Neiman Marcus to hear Dr. Susan Mitchell, a well-known Nutritionist and Dietitian, talk on Saturday about how to eat your way to healthy skin. There is only so much Créme de la Mer can do, girls! We can’t just talk about what we put ON OUR skin, we need to make sure we are putting the right foods in our body FOR OUR skin.
Here is what she said:
- B is for Berries. Berries contain Vitamin C which is one of the building blocks for collagen.
- E is for Eggs. Women don’t get enough protein throughout the day. Protein helps skin cells regenerate. Eat protein at every meal…lean meats, tofu, eggs.
- A is for Almonds. Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E. It helps hold the moisture in your skin and prevents dryness. Too many nuts though is not a good thing. A handful will do ya.
- U is for Unsweetened Tea. Tea, Coffee and Water aid in hydration. Hydration is important to help rid your body of impurities.
- T is for Trendy. Meet Kale. She’s the IT girl right now. Packed with Beta Carotene, Vitamin K, C, and rich in Calcium. Kale Salad, Kale Chips, Green Drinks. Mix in some Kale. (Ivory add-on: Can we talk about Kale for a minute? Let’s be honest, it had one of the best PR makeovers ever. It use to be a bitter garnish, a cold cut liner and now it’s on the must eat list. Even, this former spit her peas in a napkin girl is on board with Kale.)
- Y is for You. You have to take time for yourself. (Ivory add-on: What Mom doesn’t need to hear this? Going to Neiman Marcus with my girlfriends was just what this mama needed.)
After Dr. Mitchell spoke, I grabbed her to say I just fell more in love with my Vitamix. She’s in the Vitamix Cult too. Who else is down with the Vitamix? Should we post some Green drink suggestions? What do you think?
Check out Dr. Susan Mitchell’s Pinterest Page for some amazing recipes.